Friday, April 1, 2016


Precious Memories

After much time waiting, the Veterans Cemetery was opened in our county and I was able to have Rays remains interned. My sweet Mary Lisa and her Brian went with me and it was very special to finally complete this time of my life. All the memories flooded my soul and it was a beautiful sunshiny day..I know God takes care of us all after this time has been done.

I am still working on my Auburn quilt but it will get done. I know I am slow but I will get faster again one day soon. Must put things in order in my life first, and believe me I am cleaning out and working on it.

Love reading the blogs and visiting with you all, I have a little trouble with getting some of the comments going through, I will have to spend more time and investigate that. have a beautiful day and   Happy Quilting to all. Hugs, Marie

4 comments:

Cuz said...

So glad you were able to complete this--it must have been hard having that unfinished all this time. Wish I could have been there with you.

And good for you for tackling the job of getting "no longer needed" stuff out of your life! I need to do a lot of that myself. I feel like our house is just bursting at the seams with way too much stuff we no longer use or need. But so far I haven't made much progress. we've lived here 26 years which is longer than we've lived anywhere--we need to move so we are forced to get rid of some stuff!

Take care of yourself,
LOve

Deb said...

Hello lovely lady, I am so pleased that you have been able to put Ray in his final resting place. It would have been such a special moment, yes filled with many memories but a time of peace for you knowing that now he can carry on into his next journey in life.

No matter what the time clearing out and organising can take forever. I know I look at things twice, and think about them 3 times but can also be extremely ruthless. I never used to be but something of late has made me think differently. One day I just thought when looking at stuff that they were just "things". No matter what I will always have the memories but they are my memories and probably mean nothing to anyone else. Of course I can't be ruthless with everything cause deep down I'm just an old softie!

So happy to hear you are quilting, and remember there isn't any rush.
hugs xx

Rhonda said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. In due time you will get what needs to be done. You can do all things through Christ!

Barb said...

What a wonderful testimony.....thoughts and prayers are with you.