Wednesday, July 22, 2015

In the Mood

I have been in the sewing studio a few times in the last week or sew. I have a few pieces cut out and actually one row on a pinwheel quilt put together. All this stuff was in a box on the shelf and I could see it looking at me and saying hey what about me? Opened it up and have been working on it again. I don't want to start something new just yet, still sorta rusty and need more time before that but I do believe I am on my way.I had my daughter come by yesterday on her way home as I couldn't reach the bolt of white that I want to use in between the rows. I think when we added the studio and Ray helped me put things away he put all the bolts on this one shelf that was in like a closet and it is too high for me.I am lucky to have the kids nearby to help me out.We have been having lots of rain every afternoon so things are green again. Hope everyone is doing fine. Until next time,take care and sending many hugs to you all. Marie

3 comments:

Deb said...

Hello lovely lady. I am so thrilled that you have been back into your quilting. Good on you! I have lost my mojo for anything at all.I feel sad as I adore doing my hand crafts but not much is holding my interest at present.Even making things for other people is not getting me enthused and you know me, I adore making things for other.
But I do know that Ray will be so happy you are quilting again and he will probably be smiling about the fact that he put things away too high for you.
Huge hugs my friend xx

Cuz said...

Good to hear you're back in your great sewing room! Hope to see some pix of your projects soon! I finished piecing a table runner I started in a class at the NC Quilt Symposium, but I didn't get it quilted and bound in time for our guild's quilt show this weekend. It's the first thing I've (nearly) finished in a couple of years--"lost my mojo" also, as Deb said. Maybe we can inspire each other to get back to making pretty things!
Hang in there,

dutchcomfort said...

So good to hear you are back in your sewing room, Marie! I hope you will enjoy the creative process of making something out of fabrics again! I’m sure Ray applauds you for it! Putting stuff away so high, is typically a male thing, don’t you think?