Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

As I sit here and think of all I have to be thankful for it brings a smile to my face. Today was always a wonderful day for Ray, We were all as a family thankful for his service and for all the men and women that  have served our great  country. I not only have my son serving in the Air Force but now I have a granddaughter in the Navy. PROUD is a wonderful word.
Since Ray passed I had a lot of trouble going in the sewing room and doing anything. Then I went to a meeting and they were asking for people to do things and I have a hard time with the word NO so up went my hand and I had 50 red bandanas to make for dinner decorations for a Wild West Stampede. Got them done and the  serger  cleaned up and oiled again. Now I am going  to tackle the mending and etc. before I get to my quilting again .Got a pile of it and I have some quilting I really want to get on too. Maybe this is just what I need in my life right now.
I have enjoyed reading your blogs and I haven't been responding like I should have but things are slowing getting back to normal  in my life and I am so thankful for my family, they have been by my side and helped over so many hurdles. So now to all of you,  have a great day and hope to hear from you soon. Many hugs to all, Marie

4 comments:

Barb said...

Great therapy...sorry for your loss

Cuz said...

So glad to hear you're back in the sewing room! But I wouldn't do ALL the mending before doing something fun--I'd do one mending job then do something fun, then tackle another mending job, then something fun, etc. I hate mending! Can't wait to see pix of your fun projects! (Don't bother posting pix of the mending...)

Karen said...

So good to know you are getting back into things. You have had quite an adjustment in life to make.

Jackie said...

Doing for someone else is a great way to get back!