Thursday, August 21, 2014

Very Special Day

Good Morning to all who come to visit. Today is a special day for Ray and I--it is our 16th wedding anniversary. We are so  greatful   to have another year together and to begin yet another! To bring you up to date, he is getting ready to see the oncologist again next Monday, we have had the dreaded blood work and scans and now we wait-- hope this time we get some good news. This will be a rambling post as a lot has happened. Lorie moved home with us ,do  you know what it is like to have a kid move home when  they are grown and  you are use to only having two people in the house ? WE are surviving but there are days  I wonder. Yes she is working and has found a great job in her field of dentistry. Mary Lisa  and her family are fine just staying so busy. Faith was tapped for National Honor Society  yesterday ,we  are thrilled. I don't know how she balances it all- high school, cheerleading ,ice  skating, a part time job at the Ice Rink and yes we now have a drivers permit. She is such a joy to us !!Her Daddy  Brian is so good to visit with Ray and take him out to lunch   and out and about for the guy stuff .Claude  Jr.  has relocated to  Cheynne ,   Wy . He is now the Vice Commander of the Air Force Base located there. Proud oh yes I am!!!!His sweet family has moved from Va. to  Wy.  to all be together again!. Katie will begin Her Jr. year in High School and she will be driving to Denver, Co, to go to the gym for her gymnastics as her levels are very high and they don't have it in Cheynne.  Alex helped them drive the  cars across country  and to be able to set up his room  in their new home. He left the other night to go back to Auburn University. we have had to make several trips to Ohio in the last three months and one to Va. We are home now and I plan to stay in good ole Hot Florida, I am very tired of the road trips for what ever reasons we had to make them.  Darryl and Pam are doing well in Ohio and staying very busy with their dogs. All the grandchildren seem to be fine, growing  up and staying busy with school,  jobs, etc. I am on a clean out, get rid of all the junk that is taking up space that I want to use for something else-- can't imagine where we get all the stuff from but out it goes, look out yard sale weekend!!Last Thursday we went to go get Ray's blood work done and decided on another fun stop and got out of the car and the rest is history-- yes I tumbled and hit really hard on the couping  and concrete. Off to  the ER  cast on wrist, have to wait till Monday to see the Orthopedic Dr. See him and he takes off cast and says only need this funky brace, hey I like that cause you really need a shower every once in a while or you can't stand yourself. Some cortisone injections were ordered and of course physical therapy! Went yesterday for first therapy, he says I have lost about 80% of my motion and usage, got to work hard to get this back. Meanwhile my favorite things have been on hold-I have a half finished pieced baby quilt at the machine and a stack of baby fabrics out to cut. My sweet niece had a baby girl last week and she was 5 weeks early , little Amelia Grace is doing well. Faith's skating coach is expecting twin girls the end of September and one of the Dr.'s Mary Lisa works for is expecting a girl and so is one of the tech's in her office. So Yeah so glad I have lots of girly fabrics .I  have been reading the blogs and even though I don't always leave a comment,  I really love to see what your making and  doing. Have a beautiful day and I am sending many hugs and good thoughts to each of you.
 

3 comments:

Karen said...

So much happening in your area of the world! I am gad you were not hurt more seriously in your fall.

Cuz said...

Happy (belated) anniversary! Glad for the update on your happenings! Sorry to hear about the fall--hope you recover speedily! I'm trying to get rid of stuff, too. Went to town yesterday with a car full and came home with it empty, after stops at the local thrift store and the recycling center. Progress! Take care!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy Anniversary, Marie! I am so sorry to hear about your tumble; take good care and keep up the PT, I am praying for your health and healing as well as for your precious husband too. Our daughter is a proud Auburn alumni, as football season approaches she'll be in all her glory watching her beloved Auburn Tigers on TV! Hugs to you, my friend.