Saturday, March 31, 2012

A New Beginning





It has been many weeks since I have been blogging or sewing. We have done a little traveling but mostly spending time with my precious hubby.I am hosting a Baby Shower tomorrow for one of my special friends granddaughter, been along time since I have had a party but this has been fun. Made a fleece blanket and then did three burp cloths. Now I am in the mood. I have the fabric for my grandson's quilt for graduation. He is going to Auburn! The special Civil War fabric and the designs are a quilt for my son. He just spent a long year in Iraq and is home but being deployed again to the Zone right after his son's graduation.WE ask a special prayer for him and all the men and women in harms way ,May God hold each of you in the palm of His hand.Now that pretty much brings you up to date on whats happening here in my life with two exceptions. Ray and I traveled to California to visit our wonderful grandson Cody who turned 17 on our mutual birthday which was March 16th, first birthday I have spent with him since his birth, then on March 25th our special granddaughter Faith turned 13th oh my now a teenager!Will close for now, so long God Bless.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy belated birthday!

It doesn't seem like your son has been home long enough to be deployed again. I thank him for his service and hope he returns home safely soon.

Connie said...

Glad to read a new post from you! You are a busy lady. Take care!

Cuz said...

Good to hear from you again here! I've missed your posts. I love to see pix of your projects, and these are no exception--they look great! Sorry to hear that Claude Jr has to go back over--I had hoped he was back stateside for good. I'll sure keep him in my thoughts...

Gene Black said...

I like your Auburn fabric...shhhh! don't tell my brother.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You have been very busy! I love the burp cloths. Our daughter graduated from Auburn in 1998, she is a loyal (and somewhat obsessed!) fan of her beloved Tigers. We tease her about that... an otherwise quiet and composed lady she becomes another person altogether when Auburn plays football! ;) Have a blessed Easter, my friend!

Brenda said...

Sounds like you are busy and having a grand time. Will definetely keep your son and military men and women in my prayers. My oldest nephew just joined the army and is in basic training in Texas.

Val said...

Looks like you are like me about not posting often! Just read this about your son. Is he still gone? Praying for him and thank you for praying for my Mom.

Barb said...

Oh.....I sure will pray for him....I have had two go over there, no fun!