Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving to all my blogging friends and families. We will beleaving shortly to go to our daughters for dinner. I have made a few contributions to take over too. I am so thankful for my family, first my hubby's cancer has not grown, prayers are so strong for him and yesterday we were on top of the world when we left the oncologist office.My cardio appointment went very well too. And to top this wonderful new, my osn is leaving Iraq and hopfully will be with his precious family intime for Christmas. He will be assigned to Polk AFB for a year. Yeah--that isn't too far a drive for us!!today I also wanted to share with you a couple of things I have been working on. First I finished the afghan for the young friend of mine who went to school with my daughter. She is a inspiration to us and is a cancer survivor.Next I took a class from the very talented Laurie Shifrin. If you ever have a chance to take a class from her please do-- you will learn and and really laugh and enjoy it. My quilt is the Mango Tango, wow bright colors too. It is still a work in progress as I wanted to finish that afghan. That afghans was so much fun I just learned to crochet while in Mn . visiting my friend Jill and she taught me. Thanks so much Jill, Love you girlfriend!!In closing i send many blessings and hugs to all, I promise to be a better bloggger, really I will!

6 comments:

Anne Heidi said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving- so happy to hear Claude will be returning home. Tell everyone we said hello, and enjoy your day!
Hugs

Karen said...

We have company for ten days and they insisted that we eat out for Thanksgiving. For that, I am thankful as my back has been bothering me a lot. Hope your dinner was good. Ours sure was. Though, the restaurant charged $4.95 for a slice of pumpkin pie. We thought it came with the meal! So, four slices of pie was almost $20.

Jackie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Marie!

I am ***thrilled*** to hear of the good health reports! Such wonderful news.

Love your quilt! I must admit that curves scare me.

Cuz said...

Wonderful to hear all that good news! Love the pretty, soft afghan and the bright, cheery quilt! Know you had a good day yesterday being with your family. I was thinking about you...

I've had a cold/flu for the last couple of weeks, but today I finally feel like I might get better some day...

Terry said...

What a beautiful afghan! And so much good news for you all too! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :0)

Candace said...

Mango Tango will be wonderful and bright. You make me want to do a little crocheting, it's been awhile. I'm so happy for your good health and family news. I hope that your Christmas season is even better than your Thanksgiving.