Friday, July 1, 2011

Tumbler Project



Happy July 1. I decided that I would start spending at least 1 hour a day working on my tumbler quilt,then- maybe then I will finish it.Today I added the 4th row and cut out some more tumblers. It really is a busy quilt but after much consideration I am going to continue this way. It is for me and I love the 1930's fabric so much and so does hubby.We spent last weekend at my class reunion and it was wonderful to see my friends again and to be reacquainted with some new ones. Have a safe and beautiful 4th of July, God bless the USA. Many hugs, Marie

8 comments:

Jackie said...

I really like the way it's coming out! You've selected some really pretty fabrics. Breaking down a bigger projects into manageable chunks always makes things progress faster for me. I often forget to look at it that way though!

Melanie said...

A treat toyourself... love those colors.... When you take time for yourself, you have the spirit to give back to other twofold. Just wait and see....

Cuz said...

That's going to be a happy quilt! I've really been into scrappy quilts lately, and this one is going to be so soft-looking in the pastel fabrics! So, did you see any old boyfriends at the reunion?

Anne Heidi said...

Oh your tumbler quilt is going to be so pretty!!!! Hope you're doing well, and enjoying your new sewingroom!

Candace said...

Tumbler quilts are one of my favorites, I bought a template a few years ago, but haven't gotten to it yet, and busy just means cozy and charming.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is one of my all time favorite patterns. Can't wait to see your progress on this beauty!

Terry said...

I love how your tumbers are coming together! They look great! :0)

Candace said...

I love your tumblers. I bought a template for them when I first got back to quilting about 10 years ago. I love them, but haven't gotten around to mine yet. I keep getting distracted.