Sunday, March 13, 2011

Big Room Addition

Hello from me to you all, sorry I have been out of touch, but I have been reading some blogs along the way.So much has been going on with me and my family.First of all thank you all who sent us well wishes for my son's travel to Iraq, he is there and doing his job. Ray is doing very well , but then I have had a few set-backs with my legs and ending up n the hospital with no circulation in the left one---VERY SCAREY!!!!!!So I take it easy and do just the things I need too. Our big excitement is we have had the large Fl. room that had not very good windows in it cut off from our house and the General Contractor is adding us a room the entire width of our house and it goes out about 17-18 ft. This will make an office behind our room, their will be a beautiful glass door going into it, that will house the desk and computers,etc. Now hold on----the other side of it will be my new sewing room/craft room. I am having nice counters alll around the room with cabinets and drawers under them . There will be several places for me to roll my chair up to counter for my sewing machine, serger and emb. machine. Talk about excitement, I am beside myself with joy.I now will do so much as I will be out of this little hallway that I am calling my sewing room and I just don't like to be in it. This Thursday I am going with a friend to the sewing exp in Lakeland, I can't wait to see all the new things.
Ray's niece is coming in April to buy my quilt machine and bind-all machine so that will give me now alot of options as to what I really want to do as far as finishing my quilts off. I am mulling a few things over in my head. I miss you all and I do think about blogging aften but just don't take the time like I should . God Bless you all. HUgs, Marie

5 comments:

Jackie said...

So sorry to hear you've been feeling bad. I can understand being scared by the lack of circulation in your leg and I hope all is well now. The new room addition sounds very exciting. You must take pictures of the process and share your thoughts on how you're organizing everything! Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Connie said...

I am thrilled for you to have that wonderful new sewing room in your future, sad that you have experienced illness. I hope that you are now on the mend and can enjoy a wonderful spring.

Karen said...

I wondered what was up with you. Sounds like you have had plenty to occupy your time. So, you are letting your quilting machine go. Sad but I know your legs don't cooperate any more. But so exciting to get a new sewing room.

Cuz said...

Wow! A new sewing room is very big news! I'm so excited for you! It will be wonderful to be able to spread out and be able to get to all your stuff--er, materials! And proper built-in cabinets and work surfaces sounds like heaven! Hope construction goes smoothly and you can move in soon!

Candace said...

Your room sounds so exciting. I know that it will feel so good to spread out in a beautiful new space.