Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First Wool Project


Here it is the day after the let down and I listened to my heart and got my boot straps up tighter and finished this pin cushion I had started last Saturday.Never before had I done any wool work so I was lost. Thanks Karen for the advice! I love it because I did it and it is called Summer Garden Pin Cushion by Bird Brain Designs. Now all my hand work is not just like the pattern but pretty close and I am tickled that I did it and I love it.Now I guess I can start something else after my procedure on Thursday where they will look for the blockages behind the knee. Thanks for all your good wishes, I will really try to have good thoughts!! HUgs, Marie

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Marie, your pin cushion is really cute! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I love it Marie that is gorgeous, the fabrics are so happy...

Cuz said...

That is SO CUTE! Love the springy colors and design! Woke up this am thinking about you and your procedure tomorrow--hope all goes smoothly and it brings you some relief. After that's over, you can pursue what else might be done about your knee. One day at a time...

Brenda said...

Oh Marie, your pincushion is lovely! I would have never guessed it was your first try at wool. Isn't it just the best? It is such a forgiving fiber...no worrying about perfection, just the joy of working wth yur hands and your heart to guide you. I look forward to seeing more, B=)