Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Monday

Morning,We had a beautiful weeekend with the 70's temperature and warm sunshine. I want to thank all of you for your thoughts about my physical health, it is an on going struggle that I will live with and I know I can do it. There is no medicine to help it but you know I have great hopes that someday with all the things they come up with that they will figure this one out too. My brother suffered many years and was in a chair the last years of his life and he was a great role modle for me, I miss him especially when I sorta get down but then you guys are always there to cheer me on--- THANKS so much for the encouragement along the road. I am going to sew on Faiths quilt for my little time up today so will close for now. I do see that if I do stay off of my legs more it is more comfty for me and the swelling is not as bad Yeah for that factor. Just have to learn to pace myself more. Have a great week. Hugs, Marie

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Marie, I have an ankle that gives me fits, and I can tell it is worse when I stand too much. Walking is definately better than standing for me. And when it is bad, putting my feet up and trying not to stand definately makes a difference for me. But what I started this comment for is I noticed your bible verse at the top of your blog. I love it. I'm taking it to my "not so perfect quilters" group at church tomorrow to share. (We make charity quilts). They've probably read it, I had read I Thessalonians before, but guess I did not spend enough time on it. Your quote just jumped out at me. It is perfect. Thank you so much, and God bless you.

Karen said...

Slow & easy will get the job down eventually.

Cuz said...

Ah yes, pacing oneself is a fine art--the rewards are great, but much practice is required! It will take time to find out how much activity is too much or too little, but you certainly have the right attitude, and I'm sure you'll figure it out. Be patient with yourself...

Candace said...

Well, it's not Monday anymore, and not warm anymore either, lol. I hope that you are doing well and that staying off your leg is helping. I think you should consider a little netbook, then you can put your legs up and blog and computer. I have one, and it's quite nice. Mostly I use mine when DH is watching sports and I'm keeping him company and getting my head rubbed. He's willing to bribe me to keep him company, lol.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I hope your doing well Marie. I think of you often!!
Hugs

Micki said...

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this, and my prayers go with you. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones.
Micki

Barb said...

Hi Marie, you sure do have a good attitude. I have not read all of your blog but does this health problem have a name?

You are amazing to keep plugging along and I love all the things you have been doing.