Friday, January 29, 2010

Big Finish



I am elated to have finished the quilt for Shaun Meadows. He is the special soldier that was wounded and lost both his legs one above and one below the knee. He has the most wonderful determanation . I understand that he is walking with his new legs and doing well.My son just sent me a book all about Combat Controlers --The title is CCT THE EYE OF THE STORM by Gene Adcock.My son went into the Air Force as a Combat Controler and had been through so much during his tours but he remains the most outstanding man that a Mother can be so very proud of.My next quilt will be started tomorrow and will be for my wonderful Faith. She will turn 11 on March 25th. Of course the theme will be Ice Skaters which is her first love.Here is a couple of pictures of my quilt for Shaun, hope you like it as much as I do.Happy Weekend to all. Hugs, Marie

7 comments:

Cuz said...

Oh that's so neat! I love it--I'm sure Shaun will, too! AND you met your goal of getting it done by the end of Jan! You're good! I finished another scrap lap quilt top, and I'm planning how to quilt it. That makes the 3rd scrap top I've made to practice quilting on, but only one of them has been quilted so far. I'm feeling some better, so maybe I'll get to it before too long. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Faith! Keep up the good work!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Congrats on your finish Marie....and what a thoughtful gift I am sure Shaun will be thrilled with his new quilt....once again Marie well done..
Peg OPAM 2010

Molly said...

Marie, this is a beautiful quilt for a very deserving young man, I'm sure. I love the block, too. I sent you an email regarding your pattern.

Can't wait to see what a skater's quilt will be like~

Hugs.

Jackie said...

What a great quilt for a special man! I know he will love it.

Ulla said...

The quilt is beautiful and I'm sure it will be appreciated.

RebeccaMom said...

very pretty! :) Great job!

Candace said...

It's a wonderful quilt for a wonderful man. I'm sure that he will love and appreciate it.